This plug-in helps with a variety of common accessibility problems in WordPress themes. While most accessibility issues can’t be addressed without directly changing your theme, WP Accessibility adds a number of helpful accessibility features with a minimum amount of setup or expert knowledge.
All features can be disabled according to your theme’s needs. For advanced users, all of the functions based on modifying stylesheets can be customized using your own custom styles by placing the appropriate stylesheet in your theme directory.
Accessibility Features added by WP Accessibility:
- Add skip links with user-defined targets. (Customizable targets and appearance.)
- Add language and text direction attributes to your HTML attribute
- Add an outline to the keyboard focus state for focusable elements.
- Add a toolbar toggling between high contrast, large print, and desaturated (grayscale) views of your theme.
- Add a long description to images. Use the image’s “Description” field to add long descriptions.